Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 30, 2013

Day 30: The end

To be very honest.  I'm tired.  I was excited at the beginning of this month.  I didn't take much time or thought or prayer before I started this 31 days.  Things started out well.  And I was super excited to write.

But here I am at the end of October, tired, worn down.  I need a break.  I was full of energy when I started this challenge.  And I really wanted to finish.  But I think I am going to stop a day early.

I think I've been trying to do to be on my blog, at least the last weeks of this month.  And it has worn me down.  It takes so much effort to do.  I was no longer writing for my own benefit, but trying to be witty, smart, basically the best writer.

I haven't been waiting with joy.  I've been impatient and easily offended, and at the stupidest things.  I don't think I've been waiting on the Lord enough.  

I've had a lot of guest posts over the end of this month, which has been fantastic!  And I've been using a lot of things I've written in my journal.  So nothing has seemed too hard, but all the same, today I feel spread too thinly.

I've decided to take a break.  I don't know for how long.  But until I can get back to the place of writing more for myself than for anyone else, not worrying how many people read my blog or what they think, a place of being, receiving, and living from God, I will be writing more in my journal than on this blog.  I love to write, but I need to do this.  It doesn't mean that I've failed, it just means I need to wait some more.  Dwell on what this phrase really means.

I already have some posts already written, like what I learned in October, so that will go up when that link-up opens, but after that my posting may be sparse.  But only for a time, a season.  I promise I will be back, with more words and more pictures, and if I'm the only one who ever reads them or sees them, that will be enough for me.

Haha!  Have fun joyfully waiting!





To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment