Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 4, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Write

So I decided that even though I am doing this 31 day series, I would still take time to write the Five Minute Friday Free Write.  We'll see if this continues throughout the month, but today I have time for 5 minutes.

The word today is: Write.

Go.

I think I've always loved to write.  School not so much, but to write yes.  Maybe that's why I survived in school.  I could write papers and remember written things for tests.

Sometimes, I look through old journals.  I don't know if I have any from before college, but when I look back on the journals that I do have, I wonder who was writing them.  Was it me?  The person who wrote those words certainly had more wisdom than me.  It makes me feel like I'm getting less smart as I age.

Where do these words come from?  I'm not full of words, at least they don't spill out when I talk.  But at night, when I try to sleep, they spill into my mind.  Problems are solved, ideas are born, conversations are had (I'm working on that one, more conversations with God, less with the problem).

I love to write with a pen.  The words flow more freely with a pen.  This typing thing is clumsy and takes too much time to think, to make my fingers go exactly where they should.  Writing with a pen is a dream.  It's me, my writing, not generated by a computer.

Drawing and writing are so much different for me.  I can only draw what I see, I can't make it come out of my head.  But writing, is a whole different world.  There are endless possibilities.  I don't usually write fiction, but I can, I have when I was younger (like elementary school), I write best when it is something that is coming from my own thoughts and experiences.  That's what I know the best.

Hmm.. fiction based on real life?  I'll think about it.  Maybe after October is over.

Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment