Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 29, 2013

Day 29: Be

It is easier to do than to be sometimes.

I try to do to please others rather than just be.  Be me.  Be who God created.

Doing is rushing in with my agenda, pushing what I think is right for the situation.  There is a time to act.

But joyful waiting is being.  Being aware.  Being present.  Listening more, talking less.  Not having to prove everything all the time.  It is trust.  Resting in His strength, in His love, in His life-giving Word.

My life, my purpose, isn't about what I do or don't do.  It is about who I choose to be.  Am I being, or am I trying to do to be.




To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment