Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 8, 2013

Day 8: Beauty Here





This is a long post, but it's mostly pictures, I promise!

Too many times when I am looking at a photo of another place, I catch myself whining, "why can't I be there right now?  It's so beautiful!"  Instead of praising God for the beauty of His creation, and being thankful that someone was generous enough to share a photo of it, I become dissatisfied with the beauty where I am.

I love to take photographs as a way to document what I see as beautiful.  There was one day, this past year, that things weren't going particularly well as I was working on the farm, so I just decided to slow down and take my camera everywhere I went that day.  It helped me to think about what I was seeing and appreciate the things I take for granted.  Even as I wait for a difficult situation to be untangled, I can slow down and appreciate the beauty right in front of me.

So I'm trying to appreciate the beauty of fall here in PA (and some in MD) right now.  I thought I would share some beauty from Sunday!

The drive to church is always breath-taking, but as the leaves change colors it can be especially beautiful!  The leaves aren't at peak yet, not sure when that will happen, but I thought I should take photos this week and then again next week just so I don't miss seeing them!

The photos are a little blurry, so sorry, maybe we'll actually stop next time!




What a hot, muggy day!  And we get a call that the boat is being taken out for the last time of the year (unless the weather decides to be super warm in November).  This was the very first time I've ever been water-skiing in October!


To document the date: Oct. 6, 2013
The sky was soooo beautiful!! And the reflection on the water too!





So smooth!!

Last ski of the year (probably), Michelle and I right before sunset.


To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment