Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 7, 2013

Day 7: When the time comes


Today is the first day that I haven't written my post ahead of time and I'm kind of freaking out and feeling overwhelmed.  But still trying to write something meaningful to myself.  You see, that's who I'm really writing to.  Though I do appreciate you, dear reader, I'm writing this stuff for me, to remind me of what I need to know, in the future when I have a meltdown and forget what I'm supposed to be doing.

I had another post that was half written for today, but this morning I was met with a new challenge.

What do you do when you're asked to consider doing something that is outside of your comfort zone?  That goes against the grain of your personality?  I like to lay hidden in the shadows, do my part when needed, then fade into the background again.

So when considering something new and uncomfortable (at least that's how I imagine it to be), I immediately start by hoping another person is led to do it.  Someone else would be so great for it.  I remind myself of all the reasons that I wouldn't like to have that role.  Sometimes I make concessions, and allow myself to think that I could do it.  But mainly I rush ahead and try to figure out if I should/could/want to do it.

I was sitting at the kitchen table doing just that when I was hit with my very own blog.  Hello!  What am I writing about?  Joyful waiting.  So instead of making a pro-con list of all the reasons why I should or shouldn't consider this, I need to wait on the Lord.

If this is what He wants me to do, He will lead me there.  I don't need to stress myself out about it or think about how qualified I may or may not be.  When the time comes, He will give me all that I need.

"And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."
-Philippians 4: 19


To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment