Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 19, 2013

Day 19: As I was waiting

As I was waiting for life to clear, become more colorful and joyful, I read this book.  It exposed a deep secret, one that I hid from myself.

I've been wearing masks my whole life.  I've been hiding who I really am from everyone, even trying to hide from God.  I didn't want to step into the light because then everyone would be able to see all the flaws, all the chips and cracks in my soul.

Grace For The Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman
This book has been so meaningful!  It took me so long to read.  I would read a chapter at a time, then set it aside, hoping to write about what I had learned.  Then picking it up weeks later, not having written anything at all, but hungry to uncover more.  The last few chapters went straight to my heart, especially as I write on the topic of Joyful Waiting.

Seriously, every woman should read this book!!  It may not have the same affect on everyone, but I believe it will help you chip away at any masks you've been wearing and bring you to a more full understanding of who you are in Christ!



To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment