Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 1, 2013

31 Days: The Joyful Waiting, Day 1

So this is pretty last minute, but I decided to link up with The Nester and many others for the 31 Day series.  So this is where I try to write for 31 days straight (or have guest posts, photos, songs, somehow get it done for 31 day!)


“And so, my children, listen to me,
   for all who follow my ways are joyful.
 Listen to my instruction and be wise.
 Don’t ignore it.
 Joyful are those who listen to me,
   watching for me daily at my gates,
   waiting for me outside my home!
 For whoever finds me finds life
   and receives favor from the Lord."
 ~Proverbs 8: 32-35

I think that life is full of waiting.  I'm always waiting for the next big thing to happen and I miss out on the little details that can bring so much joy to my life.

A couple months ago, this phrase popped into my head.  I was probably having one of those grumpy mornings, where I don't want anything to do with happiness, much less joy.  I was waiting for something to happen that seemed to be dragging it's feet.  Something that I couldn't control.  So this phrase "joyful waiting" popped into my head, unasked for.  I wrote it down because I didn't know what to do with it at that point.  As I was thinking more and more about this whole writing for 31 days thing, those words came back to me and I started formulating blog posts in my head (of course this was when I was trying to fall asleep).

So here I am, I'm going to attempt this for the first time and see what comes out.  I don't know what each day will bring or exactly where I'm going with this, but that's the fun and scary part!


I'll link each day's post back to this page, so that at the end of the month, or next year, or whenever, someone can see all of my 31 Day posts together.

No comments:

Post a Comment