Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 17, 2013

Day 17: Not For A Moment

Change.  A word I don't particularly like.  It means something new, and scary.  Unpredictable, uncertain.  And something that I just plain dread.  Because of the unknown.

Every time there is a change about to take place in my life, I feel like there is this battle going on inside of me.  One half wants to stay the same, never change, be comfortable with what I have and where I'm at.  The other half just wants to get it over with, hoping that the change is better than what I have now, but still not sure it will be.

I don't know what will happen.  And a lot of days, the waiting for something to change leads to confusion more than joy.  It also seems that the longer I am stuck waiting, the more confused I can become.  It creeps in when I let myself wallow in what I want, what I "need" from this situation, instead of trusting that no matter the outcome, God knows what He is doing.  He is faithful and there has never been a moment when He has forgotten about me or not heard my cries for help.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”  -Deuteronomy 31: 6




To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment