Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 10, 2013

Day 10: Dreams pt. 1

When I was little I wanted to be a ballerina.  That dream never came true.  But sometimes, if I'm alone on a slippery, solid floor, I twirl around on one foot and pretend to dance.  I did learn some ballet moves from my college roommate who was a real ballerina!

After that dream, I think I wanted to be a soccer player all throughout middle school and high school.  Then in high school I realized that I wasn't good enough (that one was painful, I told my coach where I wanted to go to college and he told me I would never make it, ouch!).  So I played soccer in college and had a good time, but that came to an end.  I still love soccer, but I don't get the opportunity to play much.

Also in high school, well, maybe it started in middle school, I started to want to be a school guidance counselor.  I loved our middle school guidance counselor, she was really great and nice and fun!  Everything that I wanted to be!  So I majored in psychology in college, thinking that was the career path I wanted to take.  Only to find out that I'm not really cut out for that type of work.  I have a hard time listening to other people's problems without getting down and taking them on myself.

So after college, I was thinking that I didn't really want to do anything in the field of psychology, but I wasn't sure.  So after a few failed job interviews, I decided it wasn't for me, at least for now.

So now I'm a farmer.  Back to the beginning.  Back to what I grew up with (kind of).

Still waiting for so many more of my dreams to come true.



To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment