Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 15, 2013

Day 15: Joyfully Waiting: A Song For You

Yay!!  This is sort of a guest post!  I was super blessed by this song that Charise wrote!!  And that she shared it with us on her birthday (Saturday)!

She will eventually record this and make a video to go with it, but with her super busy med-school life that wasn't happening in time for this post.  And I really wanted to post it because I was super blessed and amazed and thankful and blessed.  Did I say that already?!  Well it is true.  And I hope it blesses you also as you read it and let it fill your soul today!

Joyfully waiting

Hope floods my soul
As I fix my eyes 
on eternity,
everything else 
seems so very small.

I know I must ask to receive
But sometimes I forget
to humble myself and ask
other times I forget 
to quiet myself and receive

But this is why my soul sings;
You are faithful,
and your mercies are new every morning
You are love made tangible
Painting rainbows of faithfulness
and morning skies with love.

Music has sound,
wind changes things,
flowers have fragrance
and birds have wings. 

Awaken my soul
to infinite love
Let me sing your praise
and dance your grace

Awaken our hearts here
in this place
Let us see, oh
let us see your face!

All rights for these lyrics go to Charise Garber.  Please do not use without permission.



To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 here and choose from the list of days listed at the bottom of the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment