Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

November 2, 2013

What I Learned In October

I'm just going to post this and not wait for any link-up.  I think learning is important, and even if I write nothing else on my blog for a while, I will continue to record the things that I learn every month and post them (hopefully, I will be back to writing on here soon though!).

1.  You can pound the color out of leaves!  Thank you Pinterest!  It didn't turn out that well.  I found out that you want "fresh" leaves, ones that haven't been on the ground for a while.






2.  It is a hard thing to write every day, but I can do it.  I just need to take paper and pen everywhere I go so I can write down my thoughts when inspiration comes.  I have words to write, I just sometimes forget those words before they ever hit paper.

3.  I can absolutely work ahead and write more than one post at a time!  In school, I was a procrastinator, but for this challenge I stayed ahead of myself for most of the time.

4.  Every time I type the word "soul,"  it comes out as "sould."

5.  I wiggle my toes (if I don't have shoes on) while praying before a meal, but only if we're holding hands.  I think it's because my hands shake sometimes (or I think my fingers twitch), so I think if I am moving another body part they don't shake as much.  I don't know if that's true or not though.  But I finally noticed that I was doing it.  Weird!

6.  My puppy likes to eat tomatoes and apples.

7.  I never realized how unpeaceful David's life was.  He spent the first part of his life running from King Saul.  Then he became king, but only ruled one part of the kingdom for 7 years before the other part of the kingdom accepted him as their king after their leader had died.  Then he fought a whole bunch of wars.  And then he was on the run from one of his own sons for a while.  It is no wonder he wrote so many of the psalms.  Things like that seem to come out of uncertainty and times of absolute need to rely on God (which should be all the time).

8.  I get so excited about things sometimes that I can think more about the gift than about the Giver.

9.  If a horse has a white face, the owners will sometimes dye black around the horses eyes, like eye liner.  If they don't, the horse is more susceptible to get cancer in the skin around their eyes.  Veterinarians know the most interesting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment