Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 9, 2015

Day 9: My poor perspective

Something that I really want to do before the baby gets here is go through every room in our house and clear it.  Then maybe put some stuff back.

I was thinking, there's a lot in our house that a toddler shouldn't be able to reach (I know that stage will come before we know it, so I want to start to prepare).  And I've been watching other bloggers and Pinners from afar and envying (I'll call it what it is) their simple, yet elegant styles.  I need to find my style, my own ways of being simple and creative with our home.

I just want to start over, because I don't feel like I started well when we got married (with anything domestic).  And I just overcomplicated everything with "I need more" thoughts.  Of course, I wasn't really able to indulge in those thoughts very much, so I just let the whole house slide on the excuse that if I had more I would be able to do better.
Proverbs 30: 7-9  Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die: Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, ‘Who is the Lord?’ Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God.
I found myself in these verses the other day.  This perfectly describes how I want to live.

But wanting to and actually carrying it out are 2 very different things.  I think that's why I chose this topic of being simply creative, because contentment with what I have has been lacking.  I don't really want more stuff, I want to learn to live well with what I have.  I need a change in my mindset and perspective.


No comments:

Post a Comment