Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 20, 2015

Day 20: I Will Follow You

I've never done this before and I'm not sure I want to, but I guess I actually do this all the time, since almost everything that I put up here on my blog is my own writing.  (But I also need something to write about and this is an example of my simple creativity.)

I used to write stuff, just stuff that was on my heart and would come out through my brain.  It would sometimes work itself out to be a song, and other times it would just be words, more like a poem.

So here is one of my writings/scribblings from a year or more ago:

I Will Follow You

Trapped in this confusion,
I don't know what to do.
Strength, I have not 
To do this task
But I will follow You.

You ask me what I'm scared of.
I don't really know.
Many things:
Of falling down?
Of ever letting go?

Gifts and dreams I hold inside,
Oh, would You draw them out?
I long to sing.
I long to dance,
To live without a doubt.

I know of Your compassion.
Your faithfulness I see.
Ever teaching,
always growing
What You have placed in me.

Your right hand will guide me.
You will lead me true.
Of the path You choose
I say,
I will follow You.


No comments:

Post a Comment