Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 3, 2015

Day 3: Mind clearing

This is not good.  Only 3 days in and I kind of want to quit.  Oh weekends.  I love weekends, but I would rather just relax than think about the things that I "have" to do, like write a blog post.

So on the subject of decluttering, my mind needs it a lot of the time.  Sometimes I can't fall asleep because my mind won't slow down from all the things floating around in there.  The most helpful thing for me to do then, is usually to pray.  And usually praying makes me fall asleep.

It's kind of amazing, I can now be doing something and not really be thinking of anything.  That never used to happen for me.  Like today, I was cutting up some veggies for veggie soup on a chilly day, and I realized that the mind-numbing routine was actually wonderful.

I also love a good drive, alone in the car, for some decluttering.  I rarely listen to the radio anymore, I would rather just drive and talk to God, it helps me sort through some things and express thoughts that I wouldn't to anyone else.

Ok, that's it.  All my thoughts for today.  I should never wait to write these posts until right before I go to bed.  Lesson learned (but will I follow through with this lesson next time??)


No comments:

Post a Comment