Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 19, 2015

Day 18: Fantasy and simple creativity

If you watch any football on a Sunday afternoon, you might see a ton of commercials for fantasy football leagues.  They are so annoying because they happen almost every other commercial!

It got me thinking about how, for me, simple creativity does not have anything to do with fantasy. 

It's too easy for me to get caught up in fantasy, forgetting what is real.  I love to read and movies are okay (way less interesting than I used to find them), but I find that the creativity in myself has nothing to do with fantasy.

Always (at least up until now), when I draw, I have to draw from something that I can see or the result will not be good (in my standards).

And when I write, I don't know that I could ever write fiction.  I feel like I write best when I write as myself, not when I try to be something or someone that I'm not, although I do have a good imagination.  I think I've overused it in the past and that has gotten me in trouble, so now I'm trying to focus on what is.  (I just don't want to go completely the other way and lose any imagination that I had, it's a fine line.)


No comments:

Post a Comment