Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 14, 2015

Day 15: Expectations

Halfway today!!!

Going off my drifting thoughts from yesterday, I had a scary thought, one that a lot of parents might have.

-How am I supposed to raise a child and encourage them to become who God created them to be, when I'm not there yet?

Well, that's definitely going to take a lot of God and a lot of grace, and probably a lot of simple and a lot of creativity.

At this point, I only really have 3 expectations about having children:
  • This is going to be the hardest thing that I've done up to this point in my life.
  • Sleep is going to be a very precious commodity.
  • We are going to love this baby (I know there will be frustrating times, but overall).
Surprisingly, that's it.  Although those probably cover a lot of ground, especially the first one.

You get a lot of advice and stories from other people when you're pregnant.  I've been listening, but I haven't been absorbing it all.  Your story and experience is true for you, and I may experience some of the same things, but please don't try to place your expectations on me, I have my own.  They may be too simple, but they are what I can comprehend right now.  They are where I'm at.

No comments:

Post a Comment