Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 25, 2015

Day 24: I'm Letting Go

I decided that it was okay to post another one of my scribblings.  It wasn't so bad the first time.  

This one comes with some drawings.  My favorite kind of drawings.  The messy, imperfect, very sketchy ones!  They're the most fun to draw because I'm not trying to be perfect with them and get all the details just right, I'm just getting the gist of the subject.  (Which probably means that I should draw this way more if it's what I like best!)


The words in this drawing were a song (but I'm not going to sing it for you):
I'm letting go, I'm letting go
Of all that I hold on to
I'm letting go, I'm letting go
The hopes and dreams that
Sift through closed hands
All I have, all I am
Comes from You
Bigger and better
I cannot imagine
But bigger and better
Are Your dreams for me 
And then you repeat it a couple of time, etc...


Actually, I'm just realizing/remembering that these drawings were blind contour drawings (which means that you draw without lifting your pen/pencil and don't look at your paper as you draw).


No comments:

Post a Comment