Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 23, 2015

Day 23: Little steps can lead to breakthrough

Isn't it amazing how some days you can be in "get things done" mode, and others you just want to lounge around and do nothing "productive."

Today, I'm trying to get things done that I've put off for the last week.  I have a nice to-do list written out with 3 things now checked off, which makes me feel good.  But a lot more stuff not checked off, which doesn't make me feel so accomplished.

And then 2 more items added to the list that I just remembered.

Little bits can still make for a big breakthrough.  Accomplishing the one thing that seems so big in my mind can make me feel like I've completed my whole list.

..............

Now at the end of the day as I look at my list, my accomplishments outnumber my "to-do's"!  Starting is the hardest for me.  But once I reach that first small accomplishment, I know I can do so much more!


No comments:

Post a Comment