Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

March 27, 2011

What I'm thankful for today

We were very blessed by another family from church inviting us over for lunch today.  They have some pretty adorable children.  It was really great to talk with them and get to know them better.  And of course, the food was great! 

It was really fun to interact with their children; we played Old Maid, Go Fish, and Yahtzee.  And they showed me their rooms and all their cool toys.  Kids now have so much cooler toys than I had when I was little! 

But I just really appreciated their openness and willingness to share their time and part of their lives with us. 

Also, I am thankful that Josiah's dad is okay.  He basically got run over by a cow yesterday, and is pretty banged up, with some cuts and bruises.  But overall, he is able to get up and keep going, so that's something to be thankful for.

I'm also very glad for weekends when we have off.  It was nice to relax and catch up on some sleep.  But I'm also thankful that we can help out on the farm, even on an off-weekend, when someone else has something important going on.  It's all part of farm-life.

No comments:

Post a Comment