Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

March 24, 2011

Strange Calf

One day I walked out to the box-stalls, where the cows give birth and newborn calves are housed.  I think I was going to take pictures of the calves or something.  I had been in with them the previous day to bottle feed one of them, and I just really like visiting the calves because they are so cute and friendly. 

So I glanced over the wall and kept walking toward the door.  It struck me very suddenly that there was a really strange looking, black calf, whom I had not seen the previous day, in with the others.  So I looked over the wall again, only to see that the "calf" was actually George, all curled up in the one corner.  He was so cute, but when he saw me he took off out of the stall like he had been bad.

George was such a good dog and we all really miss him.  Sometimes when I walk to the barn, I forget that he isn't around anymore and look for him to be in his favorite spot on the barn porch.  Eventually we will get another farm dog, but there will never be another one as good as George.


He smiled a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment