Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

March 2, 2011

Spring fever

Springtime.  I can't wait to be able to go outside barefoot and sit in the warm sunshine. 


I can't wait for the daffodils to come up, they are my absolute favorite flower, for spring at least.  And I think it is so amazing that they come up year after year in the spring and then they die and disappear until the next spring.  I would love to have all my flowerbeds covered in daffodils.  Although maybe the reason that I like them so much is because they are so low maintenance and I am not a good gardener.



I can't wait for spring thunderstorms.  I like to go outside and walk barefoot through the puddles when the storm is over (at least, I used to when I was younger). 

Josiah in a very deep puddle
And then there is the busy time of harvesting the winter cover-crop and planting corn.  There is so much new life in the spring with the corn popping up and the flowers and trees blooming.

Rye in the background, Josiah with some boys from church

A tiny stalk of corn poking its head above-ground
And of course "April showers bring May flowers." (Don't even ask what Mayflowers bring, it's not the season for that)
Poor quality picture, but you get the idea that it's pouring down rain.


And you can play with your kids in the yard.  (But in order for us to do this, we have to babysit, because we don't have kids of our own)



Spring is pure joy!  Sun, flowers, new life, glorious thunderstorms, kids' laughter outside.  Praise the Lord for the beautiful miracles of life every day!
"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it.
The world and all its people belong to him."
Psalm 24:1

1 comment: