Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

March 12, 2011

Little red

There are several different breeds of cows.  I really can't list them all because I don't know them all (I'm still learning about cows and farm-life and all sorts of things).  Jerseys, Guernseys, and Holsteins (red & white and black & white), those are the only ones I can come up with on my own.  At our farm, we have all black and white Holsteins.

But we also have a red and white calf right now.  It is pretty rare for us to get a red and white Holstein calf (Josiah told me that it is a recessive trait, just like red hair is a recessive trait in humans).  So somehow we turned up with a cute little red and white baby.

I like to call her Little Red.


And this is her mother, who is definitely black and white.

No comments:

Post a Comment