Some of the random things that I learned this month.
1. I now remember why I didn't like playing my flute in front of people. I get so nervous and my face gets bright red and super warm. I don't know what makes the guitar different, but I don't get as nervous with the guitar... at least I haven't yet.
2. Advent means coming.
3. The squiggly part on the back of my dustpan is used to clean the brush off. Josiah told me to wipe off the broom, so I started wiping it off with my little brush and then he showed me how to wipe it off with the dustpan! Josiah is better at housekeeping than I am!
4. I saw my first breach birth. I didn't know calves could be born that way. I'm still learning about this farming thing.
5. According to a soon(ish)-to-be doctor, 100% of Vietnamese people are lactose intolerant. That is so hard for me to believe!
6. You can get a paper cut on your tongue.
7. I do not have the gift of being able to communicate well with people who do not speak English very well (English is not their first language). Josiah has gotten very good at it though.
8. Apparently (again, according to an almost-doctor and almost-nurse), when you are outside on a cold day, your body uses up your energy to try to stay warm so it can't fight off sickness as well. Therefore I got a cold.
9. I saw my first sun pillar. At least I saw it for the first time, and I actually realized what I was seeing/what it was called.
10. Leg wrestling, like arm-wrestling. It exists. It looks a little bit like this, but I couldn't get a good shot because Kristen didn't even last 1 second when the battle began!
I'm sure there were so many other things that I learned this month, but at the moment, I can't remember! If I don't write them down right away I tend to forget them.
Linking up with Emily Freeman at Chatting At The Sky.