Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

December 6, 2013

Joy and a break

"And Sarah declared, 'God has brought me laughter.  All who hear about this will laugh with me'."  -Genesis 21: 6

This is going to be short.  I'm feeling tired right now.

I kind of had a revelation today (one that I've probably had before, but I forgot).  Joy is a gift.  It is a grace.  It is something that I cannot manufacture on my own.

Sarah, in her old age, and Abraham are blessed with a child.  It would be kind of funny to see this.  To rejoice with the absurdity of this situation.  The impossible that God made possible.

And so God gives joy and laughter.

I try to make my own joy a lot.  I always end up feeling tired and frustrated.

So this weekend, may you receive the lightness of joy.  Receive it, this free, unhurried gift from God.

I'm planning to take the weekend off from writing, just because it brings me joy.  And I feel the need to take a breath away from this place, and be in my own space for a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment