Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

December 31, 2013

One Word For My New Year

It's that time of the year.  The end.  When everyone gets out their forgotten lists from last year and determines that this will be the year they succeed in making those things happen.

I used to write down all the things that I accomplished in the ending year, and make plans for what I wanted to do in the year ahead.  But in the last few years, life has been so much up-in-the-air that I haven't done any of that.  How could I make plans when I didn't know what the next day would hold?

I still don't know what tomorrow will hold, and I'm probably not going to make any New Year's Resolutions.  They are just too easy to break anyway.

Instead, this year I am going to choose just one word.
"One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live. One word that you can focus on every day, all year long."  -One Word 365
I saw this on someone's blog and thought it was a great idea.  And I like words, so it felt like a good fit for me.  I'm still struggling with what my word should be, but I have it narrowed down to just a few.  So by tomorrow, I hope to start writing about and around and into my word.

If I had done this for 2013, I think my word would have been "Waiting."  It seemed to be a theme for this past year.  But of course, that's hindsight.  I wouldn't have chosen that word for 2013, that just seems to be what it turned out to be.

So happy New Year (a little early, at least in this time zone)!  May you feel the love of God warming your heart in this coming year and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment