Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

September 23, 2015

Summer memories

Summer is officially over.  Fall has begun.  A new season, that will bring a lot of new things.  Changes.

So, I just thought I would sit down to try to remember the things that happened this summer that I am thankful for.

I've decided that one of my favorite things to do during the summer and one of the things that I've enjoyed most about this summer was making s'mores around the campfire with family and friends.  But there are so many more things that were also so fun!

Other things I am thankful for this past summer:

-beach trips with my mom and sisters.
-beach trip with Josiah's mom and sisters (even if it was cloudy all day and it rained, it was still fun to be together, and eat donuts while it rained).
-week of waterskiing on the Bay, along with other waterskiing excursions
-campfires with s'mores
-weekend trip with Josiah's family to the mountains
-baby gender reveal party around the campfire with our families
-evening walks with Josiah
-going to a wedding on our anniversary
-making applesauce
-painting the nursery
-peaches and pears! Yum!!
-eating from my small garden
-zucchini boats
-the pedal kayak
-kayaking with Charise
-worship nights
-planting some perennials!
-seeing my sunflowers come up again!

There are so many more, I'm sure!  But my brain can't recall anything else right now!

It has been a good summer.  A very special summer.  Our last summer just the 2 of us, next summer we will have another little family member here on the farm!  And there will be even more to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment