Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

September 30, 2015

Challenge (reluctantly) accepted

Honestly, I've just spent the past hour and a half reading over my 2013 posts for the 31 Day writing challenge (31 Days of Joyful Waiting) that I participated in.  I didn't do it last year because I just wasn't writing then.  And now I really want to get back into writing, but I'm scared.

I feel like my writing has gone downhill because I haven't been doing it.  Reading my 31 Day posts, I'm thinking, "who is this person, it can't have been me, I don't have that much wisdom or good words to say!"

I had an idea about what to write about for this October's challenge, but after reading over my posts from the past, my idea doesn't seem good enough.  I want to write things that are as meaningful to me now as what I see my Joyful Waiting posts are to me 2 years after writing them, if that even makes sense!  It seems too simple!

And last time, I didn't even make it to the end!  I quit a day early because I was feeling burned out.

But I guess I can do this.  I want to write again on a regular basis, and this gives me a good reason to. So I will take another shot at this challenge this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment