Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

March 31, 2015

Things I learned in March

Things I learned in March:

1.  I have a fascination with the meaning of names and how people live out those meanings, intentionally or unintentionally. 

2.  Prayer really is hard work, it takes time and effort. I'm reading a really good book on prayer, The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. 

3.  How to know when a cow is done milking: she should still have some milk in her udder, between 1-2 cups total.  If less than 1 cup, she was over milked. If more than 2 cups, then she did not have the right prep timing or stimulation to have a full letdown of her milk. 


4.  I never realized that Isaac was still alive when Jacob returned from living with his uncle Laban (Genesis 35: 27-29). 

5.   Don't tell anyone, but I learned to cut my own hair.  I don't think I did too bad either!
(Not the greatest pic, I did some more trimming after taking this)

6.   Nothing in my life has happened by mistake.  God has a purpose for all of it, whether I see it now or not. 

Linking up with Emily P. Freeman at:  http://www.chattingatthesky.com/2014/03/28/lets-share-learned-march/

No comments:

Post a Comment