Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

August 5, 2015

Stuck in the muddy mess: relationships

Have you ever just felt stuck?  In life, in a certain situation, in the mud?  It's very frustrating.

Something happens and I just can't get it out of my head, but I also can't think of any good solutions that will work and not make anyone else involved feel hurt.  So it just keeps swirling.  And then you think of something, but more things happen that just decimate that option and you're stuck all over again.  And then, after a while, you just don't even want to try any more.  It would just be easier to walk away and let someone else deal with the responsibility.

(It makes me wonder, do I ever do or say things that frustrate other people this much?  Maybe it's more often what I don't say that would frustrate them more.)

And then I remember, that's not me.  That's not how I should deal with things, because if I walked away, it would leave more hurt, for other people and myself, than if I stick it out and work through it.  I've been on the receiving side of that, where people have walked out of my life, no explanation at all.  Believe me, it leaves a lot of hurt and a lot more questions.

You know, I just wish more people were more sensitive to how their actions will affect other people.  I know you can't walk around in fear of how you come across, but more sensitivity would be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Been here, done that! Why is an unoffendable heart so difficult? Read 2 Cor. 6:4-10 this morning and was struçk by how being in ministry is not easy.

    ReplyDelete