Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

February 11, 2013

Normal

Some days I just wish I had a "normal" life again.  One where I didn't have to get up in the morning and go groom the stalls, or one where I didn't have to get up super early on weekends that we work.  Or when it's cold and snowy outside, I can just enjoy the beauty from inside without getting wet and cold.  Or enjoy some AC on hot and sweaty summer days instead of working outside.  Or not getting dirty and smelly every day.  Or being able to wear nice clothes to work instead of jeans and t-shirts that I know will have poop splatters or lime dust on them a few minutes after starting the work.

But what is normal?  Has my old normal disappeared, and a new normal taken over?  What is normal?  Was my old life actually normal, has my life ever been normal?  Is it even okay to be normal?


No comments:

Post a Comment