Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

April 12, 2012

Somewhere over the rainbow...



This beautiful, bright rainbow appeared for a few minutes yesterday evening!

The symbol of the rainbow has been distorted since the time that God placed it in the sky over Noah and his family as a sign of his covenant, his promise.

12 Then God said, “I am giving you a sign of my covenant with you and with all living creatures, for all generations to come. 13 I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. 14 When I send clouds over the earth, the rainbow will appear in the clouds, 15 and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures. Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life. 16 When I see the rainbow in the clouds, I will remember the eternal covenant between God and every living creature on earth.”  
Genesis 9: 12-16


God's promises:  unlike humans, God is 100% faithful, full of grace and mercy.  He doesn't forget his promises or covenants.  We're the ones that change and distort things.

"God's way is perfect.
All the Lord’s promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.
For who is God except the Lord?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
God arms me with strength,
and he makes my way perfect."
Psalm 18: 30-32

I don't usually (or hardly ever) understand what God is doing in my life at the time something difficult is happening.  But in hindsight, I can clearly see that God is working and I am probably struggling against that work because I had my own ideas of what I want.  Giving up control to God's promises is difficult, but so much more freeing!

No comments:

Post a Comment