1. I like foreign languages. I think I would be good at learning new languages, because I find it interesting and exciting, but I'm too scared to actually speak them once I learn because I'm a perfectionist and I don't want to say something wrong.
2. It is easiest for me when I have a routine and do something day after day. For example, exercising, I feel great and look forward to exercising when I do it every day, but when I take a day off it is so hard to start back up again. Same goes for devotions and journaling, and a lot of other things probably.
3. I was reminded of what "Ebenezer" means. Reading from 1 Samuel 7, I found this word again. I'm pretty sure I thought it meant something else before. 1 Samuel 7: 12, "Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, 'Thus far has the Lord helped us'." So it means 'stone of help.' Interesting.
4. My grandma has only one sibling (a sister) living... and she is/will be 100 this year! And my grandma just turned 91!!
|They both look super!!|
6. It is great to get away every once in a while. It's refreshing and makes working so much more enjoyable.
7. Forgiveness is really the first step to healing a relationship. It might take a long time, but I'm praying for grace to forgive every time words or thoughts pop into my head reminding me of a past hurt.
8. Zucchini is amazing! And this recipe just made it even more so!!
9. There is such a thing as sea lice. Apparently, it is a parasite that causes itchiness and rash. Gross. Kind of makes me freaked out to swim in the ocean.
10. It's a lot harder to make a list of things I learned each month than I thought it would be. I just don't think, "oh, I just learned something new." I file it away and usually forget about it. But today I felt inspired because I feel like I learned a lot in July. Probably a lot more than I can remember and write on this list right now.