Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

February 24, 2011

Early mornings and my girls

One thing that I am not a big fan of is getting up early.  I am a night person, not a morning person, so when I have to roll out of bed around 5am, I am not a happy camper. 

But we don't have it as bad as some other farmers.  Josiah used to get up at 2am to milk the cows, which is one of the reasons he wanted to look into robotic milking.  Now since our cows are basically milking themselves, we get up anywhere from 5-7 in the morning.

So every morning that I have to get up earlier than I would like, I try to remind myself that I am really not working as hard or as long as Josiah, or his dad, uncle, or the hired man.  And really, I don't mind doing the work, I feel like I'm actually doing something important, because what we do ultimately helps feed the world.

I like to interact with the cows and the baby calves. 
I have a favorite cow in particular.  Her name is Jamster.  I think she likes it when I see her and wave or come over and pet her nose or even give her a hug.  I know that all sounds crazy, but she's my favorite.  She's also pretty crazy sometimes.  I have many pictures on my phone of her sticking her foot up her nose.  I have no idea why she does it, but it seems that when she is laying down and she sees me, she likes to stick her foot in her nose.  It's very humorous. 



I like to take pictures of the calves also because they are really curious and want a lot of attention.  And they are just so cute!!








They are just so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment