Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

October 4, 2013

Day 4: Stories of Joy pt.1

To see more posts in this series just click on the label "31 Days" under the title of each post in this series, or go back to Day 1 where each day is listed at the bottom of the post.



I had too long of a story to put into this post, so I've decided to split it into 2 parts.  Part 2 coming tomorrow!

So there are different things that you have to wait for.  There are negative things, like going to the dentist to get your wisdom teeth out (sorry dentists).  And there are ambivalent things, that don't really make you excited or anxious (I'm having trouble coming up with an example at the moment, although these might be the most common and happen every day).  And there are things that make you super excited, such as seeing a friend after a long time or a family vacation or even ice cream (I love some good ice cream!).

Right now, I am super excited about something that I think is going to happen, but I can't really say what it is because it's not my story to tell.  But I am super excited!!  Like I'm sitting here bouncing and waving my arms in excitement (I'm sure I'm not the only one who does it)!  

So this is joy.  And I'm waiting expectantly for something super exciting!  But this isn't always what my joy looks like.  It can be a little quieter and less wild, but it is still bubbling.  It is still rejoicing, praising.

Joy is a deep feeling that goes right down to your toes and shoots out of you like fireworks!  It makes you feel fully alive.  To me, joy is more like bliss (what a weird word to say) than happiness.  Joy is heavenly.  It pours out from the golden streets of heaven.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  ~Romans 15: 13

May you be filled with all joy and peace as you wait and trust in the Lord today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment