Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

January 2, 2012

Too much excitement

This morning some of the cows got out of the barn.  We were working on putting in new bedding and the cows in one pen pushed through a gate that wasn't securely chained.  It was definitely a God-thing how everything was timed, because Charise and I had just finished scraping the stalls and she was going to leave when she saw the cows and ran up to tell me.  Josiah was walking past and heard what she was saying and immediately ran to that end of the barn.

Not all the cows got out, which was a blessing.  And the ones that did, didn't get too far.  They were chased away from the neighbor's yard by Duchess.  I guess the neighbor, Nelson, saw all this happen and came out of his house to help.  So with the help of Dad, Charise, Nelson, Josiah, and myself, we corralled the cows back into the barn.

The trick with escapee cows and any cows, I think, is to stay calm.  I know my heart was racing and I wanted to run, but I knew that would make the cows get even more excited and take off for who knows where.  So everyone did a very good job of remaining calm, and that is how we got the cows back into the barn rather quickly.

And of course I didn't have my camera, but even if I had I probably wouldn't have wanted to stop just to take a picture.  The cows are more important than a photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment