Pages

"Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain."
~Psalm 127:1

March 31, 2011

Hoppy


I like to call this cow Hoppy.  Her real name is something like XGrettle, but Hoppy is easier.  And the reason I call her Hoppy is because when she was around 1 year old (I think she's just about 2 right now) she broke one of her front legs.

The veterinarian came and did something that I didn't know you could do on a cow.  He put a cast on her leg, like a regular cast that you would see on a person's arm or leg.  It took her a while to get used to it, but after she did, she would walk around everywhere, almost hopping as she went.  And she was very friendly, whenever she would see someone she would sniff at them and let them pet her nose or scratch behind her ear.

I'm not sure how long the cast was on, I've never had to have a cast myself, so I don't know how long it takes for those things to heal.  But once she got the cast off she was as good as new.  Her leg was weak from not using the muscles in it, but now you can hardly tell that she ever had a broken leg.

It might have been her left front leg, if I had to guess, but I really can't tell, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment